- calming, relaxing
- good for digestive stuff (tummy aches especially related to nervousness)
- promotes rest
- useful for complaining and whininess.
Contraindications ~ A very few people are allergic to chamomile and other plants in the Asteracea (daisy) familyImportant ~ Only steep chamomile for 3 to 8 minutes as it gets very bitter if left to steep any longer, my kids won't drink chamomile if I infuse it for longer than 4 minutes.
- refreshing and cooling so great during hot weather
- calming for hyperactive children
- helps relieve nervousness and crying
- good for digestive stuff
- antiviral and bacterial so great during cold and flu season
- high in bioflavonoids and polysaccarides
- tonic for blood, eyes, kidneys and immune system.
- Can use as a substitute for raisins.
- helpful for digestive stuff, eases gas and cramping
- extremely high in vitamins and mineral
- whole body tonic especially for mucus membranes and blood
- soothing to nervous system
- high in vitamins and minerals
Rose Hips ~ Tastes yummy, kinda sour… kids say: great!
- high in vitamin C and bioflavonoids
- tones and nourishes mucus membranes
- Soak the hips in juice or water to make a super yummy "jam".
Note: Taste ratings are mostly taken from Kids, Herbs & Health, this is a great reference book for parents!
- A Kid's Herb Book by Lesley Tierra
- Kids, Herbs, and Health by Linda B. White and Sunny Mavor